Saturday, September 26, 2009

chef VS doctor

VS
Hi guys, thinking about my future.. Hmm.. Now that i've been in the 11th grade and i've chose science study as my major, I should have think about what major i would like to choose in the university.


In this chaotic world nowaday seems hard to live without hard work, determination, and SKILL.
There are too many smart people around the world. Too many competitor. That's why, i think we should have one specialization which make us differnt from any others.

So many graduates, from many top universities around Indonesia today are jobless. They depend only by their certificate. It's 100% not enough! We have to be creative. We have to make ourselves different in a good way of course.

So... I'm wondering, what makes me different from any other people?
I'm not good in music, I'm not the smartest one in class.
But maybe i'm creative enough though (not being proud)
and one more i love to eat and i really love to cook.

It's such a paradox with my childhood dream, which actually i'm holding to for my future job.
I want to be a doctor like from i was 6 years old. I was inspired by my uncle who is a doctor.
And on July this year, i went to China, Nanning exactly to see my future campus.

But, I don't know why, it seems like i'm not good enough in memorizing things, and i'm not really into studying, I'm not those who likes to read books for hours. I'm just... not really into those things. :(

So, this past few days, I am googlin around, searching for some new major which i really into. and I pick CULINARY as my priority. Base on my hobby to eat and cook.
I think it's not quite a promising job as a doctor.
But life.. We should enjoy it, base on what we like and what we really into.

Isn't it pathetic when someone do things they're not into, for their whole life?
I can't even imagine how hard it is.
So, I'm in such a dillema right now.
Should i pick the more promising job or should i pick the one base on my hobby ?
This is life. It's about making a decision.......


CHEF VS DOCTOR

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ever heard "the true way to render ourselves happy is to love our work and find in it our pleasure"?

    mmh ok, see, i can tell you r a very lucky girl.
    i mean it's not like everyone gets the same chance to choose! ive always wanted to be a patissier yet not allowed ;_;
    doctor is indeed more promising than being a chef but u should consider which one u r better at :]

    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having EXACTLY the same problem. I wanted to be a chef since I was about 8, but now I have totally changed my mind and wanna be a doctor, but everytime I see chefs or trainees at catering college I just long to train as a chef! I think it has to come down to what you want to work as though, not just the training. Becoming a doctor is harder, sure, but there's a LOT more choice in what you do afterwards! Can you imagine doing the same thing as a chef day in day out or do you want a bit more public interaction and veriety a doctoring career would bring. Glad to know i'm not alone in my dilemma though :)

    I love your blog.
    God bless
    Ella

    ReplyDelete