Sunday, March 27, 2011

Main Dishes : Creamy Bacon and Mushroom

I'm going to really work on this recipe for the next time I have time to throw myself into the kitchen, this creamy bacon and mushroom dishes which will be modified with a fettuccine pasta must be a really tasty and great dinner


375g dried fettuccine pasta
1 bunch broccolini, cut into 5cm lengths
2 x 125g 98% fat free bacon, cut into 1.5cm pieces
500g button mushrooms, halved
5g reduced-fat dairy spread
40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
560ml (21/4 cups) skim milk
60ml (1/4 cup) extra light thickened cream
30g cheddar
2 tbs shredded parmesan (Shaved parmesan, to serve)

steps
1. Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Add the broccolini in the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain.
2.Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add bacon and mushroom and cook for 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a plate.
3. Melt the spread in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until combined. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in milk and cream until combined. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Add the cheddar and shredded parmesan and stir until melted.
4. Add the pasta mixture and the bacon mixture to the pan and stir until combined. Divide among serving bowls. Season with salt and pepper and top with shaved parmesan to serve.

cant wait to taste it

2 comments:

  1. sounds delicious!
    But if I were you I would use penne instead of fettuccine - I'm a huge fan of penne, it's my favorite type of pasta. :9

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all type of pasta
    I rarely used penne, but I think I should try it some time :9

    ReplyDelete