Sunday, June 14, 2009

How FACEBOOK change people

Never even once crossed my mind that my brother would really fall in love with FACEBOOK. There are so many changes that had happened to my brother this past few weeks since I, her older sister, introduce him to this free-access social networking website. He has used this website for about 1.5 months. At the first time, he wasn't too interested in logging in to this website everyday. But, since last month, he never stopped logging in to his facebook account day and night. Seems weird for a six grader with all of his friends, chatting and socializing, even with their teachers, through FACEBOOK remembering that me and my friend seems like to know the internet when we stepped to Junior High where at that time FRIENDSTER is the one that lead as the most happening networking website in Indonesia.

My mother also felt the affect of FACEBOOK to my brother. Before, my brother really liked to go to the mall, just walking around, window-shopping, but since he knew FACEBOOK, he always refused everytime my mom asked him to hang out with her. Seems like my brother has fall in love with FACEBOOK.

In the morning, after he wakes up, with his eyes half opened he approach the computer desk and wait for the connection worked. He recently tried to learn how to download MSN and YM. For your information, last year, my brother still like to insult me for sitting infront of the computer for so many hours, laughing because of words that appear from the monitor because my friends told a joke, etc. But now, in his 'GOING TO BE TEENAGER' moment, he did the same thing. Sometimes I laughed when i think about it. How my brother did the same thing as I am but one like one year earlier.

From his new hobby, chatting through facebook with many of his girlfriend at school, I like to make fun of my brother and saying that he likes to logging in to facebook recently because he already has a girlfriend. Sometime he tried to be patient when I'm making fun of him, but this evening he got angry and screamed at me to stop making fun of him. He had become really SENSITIVE right now!

Sometimes I think,
How fast a website can change people
How a website can change people's routinity
All of this technology development really affect people's life and can turn someone's life 180 degrees, upside down, like my brother =]

No comments:

Post a Comment